Monday, September 22, 2014

Hand Built Ceramic Sculpture 9-2014

I'm trying a few new things in my ceramic sculpture.  I am still retaining the simple, primitive forms, but I'm trying to make the bowls MUCH thinner...not always conducive to hand built ceramics, but when it works, I think it brings something special to the piece.  I'm trying a few new forms and adding some brighter colors just for fun.  Hope you enjoy the new pieces.


Large Bowl with Wood, approx 18" across pot

Large Bowl with Wood, view 2

Large Bowl with Wood, view 3

Small Bowl with Geometric texture with Red Accents, approx 8"

Small Bowl with Geometric texture with Red Accents, view of outside texture

Small Blue Bowl with Incised Detail, approx 8"

Inside view of Small Blue Bowl with Incised Detail

View of incised detail

Small Pod Pot on Wood, front view, approx 9" tall

Small Pod Pot on Wood, back view

Colored Spirit Ball, 3"

Hanging triangular bird feeder; stained textured outside, white glaze inside, approx. 10" sides.

Hanging pod pot, green smooth side, approx. 9".

Same hanging pod pot with textured side showing.  This texture was made from a mold I made of the texture left by elk's teeth scraping the bark off of Aspen trees in Colorado.

Mini hand built pot, 3" tall.

Mini hand built pot, 2" tall.

Pod pot on Slate, approx 5" tall.


No comments:

Post a Comment