Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Garden Projects for the house 6-2015

I'm taking some time to get some projects done around the house and yard that I have been putting off for much too long.  The main one is painting the faded shutters on the house.  We have a gray house with black shutters and I think it is time to and a little zing to our plain rectangular house.  So bright blue shutters were the first order of business.  Then I took the old wooden bench I picked up at a garage sale for a dollar and painted it blue, and added the same size star on it that has hung on my daddy's barn since before I was born!  I'm now working on an old, old wooden high chair that my mother-in-law gave me years ago.  I'm painting it to go with the bench and shutters.  It will end up in the garden somewhere.

The grands came up a couple weeks ago and we worked on some cement leaves.  We had such fun making them.  They are coming again this weekend and we will decide how to display them around the cherry tree by their Cherry Tree House.  Lots of fun projects to start our summer off just right!  Hope you enjoy.



Blue accents on front door and wooden bench by entrance.

Blue shutters all around.  

Cement leaves with light acrylic washes to add color.

2 more cement leaves, one hollyhock, one rhubarb, with acrylic washes.

2 plain cement leaves in garden with one small cement leaf with acrylic wash on limestone slab.

Grands' HUGE rhubarb cement leaves under cherry tree by the gate to their Cherry Tree House.

No comments:

Post a Comment