Thursday, January 14, 2016

Spirit of the White Raven, 1-13-16

I have completed the second raven piece, "Spirit of the White Raven".  I found this legend while researching the first raven painting.  I had never heard of the white raven before and found the legend to be beautiful.  (http://earthkeeper.freeservers.com/legend.htm, if you are interested in reading the whole legend)  I tried to incorporate a few of the main points of the story into the painting--the raven flying through the clouds gathering ice crystals that made him white; the relationship to the white buffalo, the loss of the white buffalo and the Creator's tears.  I hope you find both the legend and the painting to be interesting.


Spirit of the White Raven, 9"x12", mixed media--acrylic, ink, pastel on black paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment