Monday, October 17, 2016

R.O.A.R. Art Competition, Russell, KS 10-16-16

I entered my very first art competition this last week at the R.O.A.R. Art Show in Russell, KS at the 4-H building on the east end of town.  This is a huge show of artists from all over the state of Kansas and some neighboring states.  I entered my large primitive vessel that I just picked up from the Shafer gallery in Great Bend and also took along my little pod pot since I could enter two pieces for the same price as one.  And lo and behold, the little pod pot WON  Honorable Mention in the Ceramic Division!!!!!!!!  I was so excited, especially because the first and second place pieces were very large thrown pieces of pottery.  I was very honored that my little hand built sculpture was recognized!!!  I titled the piece 'Cradled'.

I also want to mention that eight members of the Artists at Large group from Great Bend, of which I am a member, entered pieces in this show and six of the eight members won awards and one member sold a painting for $500.  We were VERY excited that we made a good representation!!!!!!

5" pod pot cradled in a found piece of wood with natural tripod base, title card from the show and the Honorable Mention (third place) ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment