Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Spirit of the Raven--Bringing The Light Out of the Darkness

I just finished a piece that has been sitting in my art room for about 8 months!  I had the background completed and really liked it, even though it is very different from most of my backgrounds.  I just wasn't sure what I wanted to put in the center of the painting.  I'm glad I waited and took my time.  

By now, if you have looked through any of my past work, you know that I love Native American Lore and have used the stories for the basis for some of my pieces.  This is one of those paintings.  It is based on the story that the Raven is black so that he could fly into the Darkness and bring the Light out to the People.  The story is lovely and is told in various ways in many of the different nations.  

Here is the 'Spirit of the Raven--Bringing The Light Out of the Darkness', 24"x24", mixed media--acrylic, white gel pen, white pastel--on stretched canvas.


No comments:

Post a Comment