Thursday, February 5, 2015

Spirit of Found Peace, 2-5-2015

I finally got back to my painting yesterday and finished the painting today.  It is not my typical Spirit painting.  It is 11"x14" mixed media on stretched canvas.  The medias are:  scraped acrylic, torn paper I made myself used as a collage, pencil, pastel, charcoal, acrylic and the grass is 3D cut paper that is bent and stands out from the canvas.  

My husband is a bowhunter and I made this to show at the Kansas Bowhunter Convention at the end of this month.  I love walking in the woods, feeling the quiet and peace that envelopes me.  My husband walks the woods for the same reason while he is looking for deer sign, turkeys, other wildlife, and building habitat for all the animals.  He finds much joy and peace in being out there alone with the animals.  And yes, he does hunt, for food and we have always made a distinction between hunting and killing in our house.  My husband has told me many stories of sitting in his blind or tree stand and watching a deer come by, sometimes many deer come within range.  But he so enjoys their beauty and peace and quiet, that often he will just sit and watch, observe, and soak in the beauty.  I wanted to show this side of hunting so everyone will realize there is a difference between finding peace and those who only kill.  I hope you enjoy this painting and find some peace within it.


'Spirit of Found Peace' 11"x14" mixed media on stretched canvas.

Detail of deer and 3D grass

Detail of bowhunter enjoying the 'found peace'


No comments:

Post a Comment