Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Spirit of a Quiet Place Feb., 2015

I am experimenting with a little more realistic style yet keeping with my Spirit painting concept.  In this piece, I was thinking of a place in the country that belongs to a friend of mine.  She feeds the deer several times a week so one never knows when a glimpse of one will be found in this quiet place.  Rather than creating a landscape, I tried to create the passion my friend has for these graceful and shy creatures along with the magic of this very special quiet place.  

This is a mixed media piece:  scraped acrylic on an 11"x14" stretched canvas, pastel, ink.  This piece won 2nd place in the Senior Division of the 2015 Kansas Bowhunter Association convention in Hutchinson, KS 2-21-15.  

Spirit of a Quiet Place

No comments:

Post a Comment