Thursday, March 10, 2016

Spirit of Night Shadows, 3-2016

During the full moon in February, i happened to go outside and notice the unusual cloud formations.  While trying to get some photos of the beautiful night sky (unsuccessfully!), I was walking around our yard.  The street light at the corner of our lot is an unusual color of light and as I was walking around I realized that in one spot in the yard, the light turned the winter grass ORANGE!  I was stunned and could not take my eyes off of it. The more I looked the incredible orange grass and burnt sienna shadows grew all around me.  It was a beautiful sight.  This is a much more simple painting, but is still one of my favorites as it reproduces the unusual night shadows of that February moonlit night.

24"x36", mixed media--hand rubbed acrylic background, acrylic and pastel.

No comments:

Post a Comment