Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Spirit Feathers, Gelli prints, April, 2016

I have completed a series of Gelli plate prints using feathers as the subject.  I printed some of them on card stock and the rest on rice paper.  I then added ink detailing and in some cases printed over the Gelli print to complete the work.  They are 8"x10" are part of my 'Spirit Feather' series.







The following pieces were printed on rice paper and will be displayed on a 3' long piece of rice paper with a length of river cane, similar to bamboo, wrapped at the top and bottom of the rice paper like a scroll.  This will allow the piece to lay flat against the wall when hung and add a little weight to the thin rice paper.  The print will be at the top of the 3' length and hung in a series of 3.  I am really pleased with the way this series is coming out, but due to the thinness of the rice paper, I am not assembling them until very close to my show in Jan., 2017.  I will take photos of them hung in the gallery at that time to add to this post.  Until then, you can view the prints.  Hope you enjoy.

Series 1

Series 1

Series 1

Series 2

Series 2

Series 2















No comments:

Post a Comment