Sunday, September 4, 2016

Ceramic Face Sculptures, 9-4-16

I am working on my ceramic sculptures for my solo show at the Deines Cultural Center in Russell, KS in January, 2017.  Although I will have many of my thin bowls displayed on wood, I will have many other sculptural pieces.  Here is the beginning of that work.

Life sized face in white raw clay with red raw clay leaves surrounding the face. 'Spirit of Fall'

Life sized white raw clay face with red raw clay hair. 'Spirit of Water'.

Life sized raw red clay face on 18" hemisphere surrounded by raw white clay leaves.


Tiny hand built sculpture approximately 2.5" across displayed on found wood.

Tiny hand built ceramic sculpture approximately 4" tall by 1.5" wide displayed on found wood.

Extremely thin, about the thickness of 140lb weight watercolor paper,  ceramic pod pot, raw white clay with black iron oxide stain displayed on found wood.  Pod is approximately 6" across.

No comments:

Post a Comment