Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Coral and Pink bowls 9-14-16

I've been experimenting with new colors for my shell like bowls as well as using a different process.  So far everything is turning out great.  This post shows a new coral color that is neither too orange nor too pastel.  The second bowl is a nice rich pink.  Both glazes are put on the WET clay right after I make the bowl.  Then after I bisque the piece, the inside of the pot is already glazed and the stain I use for the outside of the bowl wipes right off the inside like it does when you wash a dish.  That saves so much time and mess.  So far I'm really pleased with the outcome.  I'm also trying some new textures.

Coral bowl, 9" across, with heavy lace texture with black iron oxide stain wiped off.

Pink bowl, 12" across, with geometric texture and black iron oxide stain wiped off.

Geometric texture on 12" bowl with black iron oxide stain wiped off.

No comments:

Post a Comment