Sunday, February 2, 2014

Cards








I have been needing to make some cards...a good winter past time!  I thought I'd share these as it was something new for me.  I have seen similar cards on the internet, but these are my own designs and each card is hand cut.  It was easier than I anticipated, although, any detailed cutting like this takes some time.

the top row is a leaf design cut out of white card stock and adhered to dark green card stock.  i cut out the negative space and left the leaves and border as one piece.

The butterfly is very simple as there is no drawing on the paper at all....just the wings cut out and bent at the center.  the white card stock is adhered to a lighter green card stock.

These are for my sister so don't tell her!!!!!! :D  She just retired on Friday, january 31st, 2014.  happy retirement my dear sister!  May God bless you with sunny days surrounded by all the things you love in nature, dear friends and family, and a heart filled with joy!  I love you!


My dear sister.....Love always!




I hope this inspires you to try something different.  Please feel free to leave a comment or find me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/spiritstudio11  where you can also leave me a message.



No comments:

Post a Comment