Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow Dyed Fabric Spirit painting

I tried the snow dyed fabric as a base for one of my Spirit paintings.  The original piece was one of the muslin pieces.  I cut it in half and used just one end of it, approximately 8x10".  I also wanted to try the addition of cheese cloth for a more textural look.  See what you think of this piece and please leave a comment to let me know.  


This is the muslin as it looked dyed from the snow dying.  I used spray adhesive to put the cloth on a piece of good watercolor paper so it would be stiff and stay in place as I worked with it.

This is the top left corner that showed the most "crystalizing" affect.


The cheese cloth I got from Stuff n Such in Downs, KS was very fine.  I wanted to show the difference from the original cheese cloth and what it looked like after I pulled, tore and stretched the fibers.

The completed piece with all the layering as in my other Spirit paintings.  The cheese cloth looked a little bright to me so I took the stamp pads and rubbed over the cheese cloth to tint it slightly and take the bright white away.

Detail of face in separation of cheese cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment