Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Spirit of the King and Queen of Magical Days

This is my newest "Spirit" painting but with a new twist....I used snow dyed canvas for the background and it is MUCH larger than most of my 8"x10" paintings.  It is 16"x28"long.  I also added cheesecloth for the shirts, wreaths, and leaves with some paper flowers added to the girl's wreath.  Rather than a "hidden" face, I added two children to this painting.  The rest of the piece is similar in style and format to the "Spirit" paintings.  I hope you like this new piece and feel that I have stepped up the process.

Traditional "Spirit" squares along side blue and light orange painted cheesecloth leaves.

Cheesecloth wreath for boy's head.

Girl's wreath before adding flowers, with leave shape toward back of wreath.

Background behind heads with "fairy dust" splatters around heads.

Handmade dyed paper flowers for girl's wreath. 

Boy's shirt out of painted cheesecloth.

Girl's shirt out of painted cheesecloth.



Tweaked and completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment