Thursday, February 25, 2016

Alcohol Ink, Feb., 2016

I was so fortunate to take an alcohol ink workshop from one of my old students, Theresa Gram.  She gave us a great price for the workshop and then sent all the supplies HOME with us!  It was a tremendous offer, workshop and so much fun to boot!  We worked on black and white ceramic tiles using many techniques.  I LOVED the MAGIC of this medium.  I truly felt 5 years old when the wonder of art IS pure magic!




These are the beginning tiles I made at the workshop.  The various techniques were  (top left, down and then up to the right):  1. using water with the ink to give a more transparent background. 2.  blowing/running wash.  3.  (square) applied ink then spritzed with alcohol leaving a wonderful texture.  4. black tile using WHITE ink then dropping color into the white and blowing with a straw. 5. (larger rectangular tile)  used finger tip to 'draw' the petals of the flower and then outlined detail with small brush.

These were all the supplies that Theresa gave us to take home!  Left is samples of different papers that could be used with the alcohol inks; top center is the spray can of air and the blue, red, yellow inks and a blending solution, the sample tiles I made and the white tiles that I didn't get to (4); right is the storage box and 2 brushes !  JACKPOT!  Thank you Theresa!


No comments:

Post a Comment