Thursday, February 25, 2016

American Ceramic Society Recognition, Jan 6th, 2016

I found out that the American Ceramic Society has chosen one of my articles published in the Ceramic Monthly Magazine last year to be included in the Ceramic Arts Handbook, an actual BOOK featuring articles by the best ceramic artists of our time and their tips and techniques!  I am SO honored!!!!  I received my complimentary copy of the book on January 6th, 2016 and would like to share the photos of the book and article.  It is just too exciting for this little rural country girl!  THANK YOU, American Ceramic Society!!!


This is the cover of the book.

This is the index page that has MY name and article listed.....page 105!

Page 105, first page of my article featuring MY low relief carved brick relief sculpture in the easel on the top HALF of the page!  4'x6' fired ebony brick, newly installed (November, 2015) in front of my studio in Downs, KS.

Middle two pages with illustrations on building an easel for carving brick, design by Carol Urban, one of my CCCC ceramic students.


4th and last page of the article with photos of the completed easels.


No comments:

Post a Comment