Thursday, February 25, 2016

New Experimental Paintings--Feb., 2016

I have been having fun playing with some new techniques I've found on some u-tube videos.  Most of them are playing with background techniques.  Then I had to figure out how to add my style to these backgrounds to make the paintings my own.  It has been interesting and lots of fun and I am finding that the process if freeing my spirit!  

Most of the pieces are mixed media using acrylics, some pastels and inks on watercolor paper, 11"x15".  The watercolor paper picks up some interesting textures.  I am not sure if these are show quality, but some of them make me SO happy when I look at them.  It will be interesting to see how these processes impact my later paintings.  I hope you enjoy these.

(Well, I'm having trouble getting the photos to import into this site.  I will work on this in a few days.  Thanks for your patience.)





No comments:

Post a Comment